Home Place Furniture

Panama City, Florida 4 comments

Bought a 3 thousand dollar leather sofa about 4 years ago.Was told it was the best leather you can get.

Leather every where you touch top quality. We even payed for a warranty. About six months ago i noticed the top layer of the leather was starting to peal off.Called the warranty people they told me that pealing leather is not covered. Called home place they said they have no idea why this would be happening.

I did some research and and bicast leather came up.Bicast is cheap garbage leather and yes it will peal over time. Called home place was told by a sales person that my couch is not bicast leather. I called another home place they told me the same thing. sent a claim to the manufacture still waiting to hear from them.

i called home place again and talked to a different manager and finally i got the truth. My 3 thousand dollar sofa is bicast leather. I asked why i wasnt told this when i bought it and he said that bicast leather is great leather. I had never heard of bicast leather and the internet will tell you that it is not top quality leather.

I told the manager this and he told me he was not trained by the internet and he knows everything about leather. So here i am still have not heard from them and my couch is a piece of garbage. I cant believe furniture stores can lie about something like this and get away with it.

I know nothing is going to be done about this because they do not care.i even called the main office of home place and they will not return my calls.So beware of Home Place furniture they are trained to lie.

Comments

thanks guys for the comments.so glad i ran across this information, as i have been looking for a leather sectional and considered making a purchase from home place.

now i know alot more about this bicast *** you refer to. although my budget is limited i would rather pay more and save later. sorry to hear about your problems, i have had the same things happen to me with ashley furniture.

now i can mark both these "fine furniture" stores off my shopping list.

Same here.Bought the Kennedy Collection "Fine Italian Leather" sofa and loveseat from Homeplace in Pensacola, Fl.

Ours is peeling all over the place. Never heard of bicast leather at the time, but now I know all about it.

Had it 3 -4 years.Make sure if you buy leather it is not bicast.

Bicast is the particle board of leather.

It doesn't surprise me that they have lied to many people about what they are buying.I called them pretending to be someone interested in the same sofa i have and was told that my same sofa is not bicast leather.

If you look on the website mine is the Logan collection sectional and it says top quality Italian Leather. Oh and i still have not heard anything from them. They are supposed to be waiting to hear from the manufacture which is not in Italy of course but you guessed China.

I was not aware top quality Italian leather came from China.But mine is bicast garbage so i guess it doesn't really matter.

I had a simillar experience with a leather sofa purchased at home place.Was told it was "leather where ever the body touches".

Within a hear and a half the non leather, part between the cushions, started to crack and separate. The wonderful warannty we paid over $200 on did not cover and neither did homeplace.

Horrible customer service.Too, many lies.

View more comments